Next New Media

So my suggestion or idea for a new media concept revolves around a payphone. Not the actual phone itself, but the concept that anybody could use it for x amount of dollars, but not to just make a phone call, to surf the web as well, or face-time your friends and family. Imagine this: technological 'booths' setup all around New York City, and you pay a fee to rent it out for x amount of hours or minutes, and inside you can surf the web, make calls, go on social media, check your mail, whatever. This would eliminate our need to constantly look at our phones to make sure they're charged, would embrace the idea to go outside once in a while to check this new technology and new media out, and invites so many new business opportunities within it. I think it would also fit the 5 C's New Media entails; communication, collaboration, community, creativity and convergence. There would obviously be a lot of kinks to work out, in terms of who would be supplying these booths with 'free internet' and other factors, but I think its the wave of the future and eventually we might get there.

Comments

  1. I have to give you credit because it such a simple yet great idea. I completely agree with how practical this could be on the streets, especially New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an interesting idea. However I feel the concept of going outside just to see new technology is counterintuitive. In my opinion people should go outside to take a break from technology rather than go outside to see technology,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Seth on this. It does seem a bit counter-intuitive. There are Link NYC stations around the city for people to charge their phones if really desperate. I also feel like the cost to maintain these booths would be expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project Description

Creativity and New Media